Friday, 18 July 2014

Autumn Reading Challenge Roundup

I am part of an online group on Goodreads called Aussie Readers which has different reading challenges for both the month and also the season.
I had thirteen books to read for Autumn Challenge (see original post here Book list for Aussie Readers Autumn Challenge). You will notice my original list changed a bit from when I picked it to what I read, some of this was due to logistics (I had to pick a few more ebooks due to travelling) some was running out of time (I picked a couple of picture books from our School Library). I almost finished my list of books which was a pretty big effort since I kind of started late, then went away and was sick during the 3 months.

I've attached the link here to my reviews on Goodreads - it was a great collection of books - check them out soon:

1. Labor Day Book Nurses of the Outback Nurses of the Outback by Annabelle Brayley
An amazing insight into the men & women who look after the people of the bush Review

2. St Patrick's Day The Tea House On Mulberry Street The Tea House On Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens
A fun Irish read Review

3. Moomba No Biking in the House Without a Helmet No Biking in the House Without a Helmet by Melissa Fay Greene
A Funny insight into adoption Review

4. Canberra Day Mullumbimby Mullumbimby by Melissa Lucashenko almost finished this one)

5. April Foods Day The Rosie Project The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (finished this one late)
If you love Sheldon in Big Bang Theory you will love this  Review

6. Easter (read 2 because they were short novella's)  The Kissing Season The Kissing Season by Rachael Johns
You will never look at a furniture shop the same way Review
Chocolate Dreams at the Gingerbread Cafe (A Gingerbread Cafe story #2) Chocolate Dreams at the Gingerbread Cafe by Rebecca Raisin
This is the second book in a great series - read them all! Review

7. ANZAC Day Memorial Memorial by Gary Crew Illustrations by Shaun Tan
An insight for younger people to Anzac Day with amazing illustrations  Review

8. Captain Cook The First Fleet The First Fleet by Alan Boardman Illustrations by Roland Harvey
A great look into convict life in early Australia with Roland's fun illustrations Review

9. Whaleshark Festival Safe Harbour Safe Harbour by Helene Young
I love Helen's books - great mix of Romantic Suspense Review

10. Colours of Autumn House for all Seasons House for all Seasons by Jenn J. McLeod
didn't get to read this one yet but can't wait to get to it.

11. TBR Pile Down Outback Roads Down Outback Roads by Alissa Callen
This is the third of Alissa's books I read (I loved all of them) at the moment this is only available as an ebook but given another of her books has just come out in print this one may be in print soon. Review

12. TBR Pile The Empty Nest The Empty Nest by Fiona Palmer
A great short story by one of my favourite Aussie Authors Review

13. TBR Pile Mountain Ash Mountain Ash by Margareta Osborn
Another one of my favourite Aussie Authors Review

Hope you enjoy these books as much as I did. I've already started my Winter Challenge - hoping to get through them all this time.

Hope your all staying dry and warm - preferably snuggled up inside with a great book!

Happy Reading













Gecko Girl Reads


No comments:

Post a Comment