Monday, 20 January 2014

Review of Chocolate Cake for Breakfast


by    

Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

This is the first book of Danielle's that I have read although I do have Dinner at Rosie's sitting in my TBR pile.

Danielle's background in farming and as a vet shows through in the well researched and at times very detailed story of Helen McNeil who is a vet in the small rural town of Broadview in rural New Zealand. Having visited New Zealand myself including the 'nearby' town of Hamilton I could totally envisage the setting of this book as I was reading.

The country road near Hamilton NZ - where I could totally see Helen driving
 
 
Helen reminds me of a modern day James Herriot and her often hilarious adventures in this dairy country will have you laughing (although if your squeamish this may not be the book for you!) After stumbling over national sporting hero, Mark Tipene - an All Black rugby player, without realising who he is this odd couple follow the trails of falling in love in the spotlight and their "date" at a breach birth of a cow is enough to send anyone running for the hills.

But when a happy 'accident' throws a spanner in the works of this budding romance will this odd couple make it? Can you really have your cake and eat it (for breakfast) too?

This was a fun read and I'm looking forward to reading Dinner at Rosie's.   
Dinner at Rose's

No comments:

Post a Comment