Monday, 24 June 2013

Reivew of Half Moon Bay by Helene Young


by


Half Moon Bay
I've always enjoyed watching mystery/CSI kind of shows on TV but this was probably my first foray into the world of Romantic Suspense books and I wasn't let down.

The story starts with photojournalist Ellie Wilding on her way to Afghanistan to meet up with her sister, investigative journalist Nina but she ends up having to bring her home in a coffin. Two years later she is back home in the not so sleepy coastal town of Half Moon Bay when the locals need her skills to fight corruption and possible drug running which pulls her into the path of danger that had gotten Nina killed. Nick Lawson fell in love with Ellie the first time he saw her trying to organise a medivac for his sister and has never been able to get her out of his head. But she was the last person he expected to see in Half Moon Bay.

Ellie doesn't know who to trust, and trying to avoid falling for the hansom Mr Lawson is harder than expected, and if she could just remember where she knew him from he might be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together. But with so many lies can Ellie find the truth in time??

I loved this fast moving novel that has twists and turns to keep you hooked right to the end.

I'm looking forward to reading her Boarder Watch Series just as soon as I can swing past Torquay Books and pick them up!
Wings of Fear (Formerly Border Watch) Shattered Sky Burning Lies

I was fortunate enough to meet Helene at a recent Get Reading Author Tour visit to Waurn Ponds Library and this Award Winning Author is just as lovely in real life and she is in print.



If you haven't read her books yet check out her website and Get Reading! http://www.heleneyoung.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment