Friday, 10 May 2013

Review of Three Hours Late


by

Three Hours Late

One word comes to mind reading Nicole's new book - WOW. I wanted to just find a comfy spot and just devour it in one go.

Three Hours Late deals with a very sensitive and all too real subject of domestic violence and parents using their children to punish their exes and handles it with the care and dignity it deserves.


Like Jodi Picoult before her Nicole unwinds the story from various angles of the main characters to round it out and then as the story unwinds she exposes snippets of the backgrounds of the important people that come into Liz's life during those stomach churning 3 hours. Unlike some books with multiple points of view Nicole has done this in a way that keeps the story flowing quickly and without those annoying repeats that can put you off.

I'm not going to spoil the ending for anyone but to say this was an amazing read and I felt like I was holding by breath right to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment